Ozbaldy 50k & 10k
Freestyle Ski Race
Sunday, March 1, 2020
The 20th annual Ozbaldy 50k is the last of three Kongsberger Ski Club cross country ski races this winter.
The Ozbaldy 50k is western Washington's only XC ski marathon.
This year we are also offering a 10k distance for Juniors, in coordination with Momentum Northwest and Ellensburg Ski Team.
Distances & Fees
50k ♦ Freestyle (skate or classic) Technique
• Registration fee: $30 ($60 after 2/28 9pm)
10k ♦ Freestyle (skate or classic) Technique
• Open to Junior skiers only, 19 years old and younger, born on/after 1/1/2000)
• Registration fee: $5 ($35 after 2/28 9pm)
Racers & coaches, contact the Race Director if you have questions.
All registration through Webscorer, including day-of-race registration.
No paperwork or cash transactions for day-of-race registration will be offered.
• Click here to register online through Webscorer.
• Standard registration fees available until Friday, Feb. 28, 9pm
• Late registration available until Mar 1, 8am (day of race), no exceptions!
• On-site day-of-race registration 7:30am-8:00am sharp (at cabin, online webscorer only, your device).
• No refunds.
50k - mass start at 9:00 AM
10k - mass start at 9:05 AM
• Bib pick-up for all racers from 7:30 to 8:15am on race day in basement of Kongsberger cabin.
• Bib pick-up closes 8:15am sharp.
• Return bibs at finish line.
• Race cut-off times may be imposed, check on race day.
• Ski changes during race are not allowed.
Cabin and race course are on the north side of interchange at Cabin Creek Sno-Park, exit #63 on I-90, 10 miles east of Snoqualmie Pass.
Washington State Parks Sno-Park permit with Grooming Sticker required to park.
Click here to purchase Seasonal or 1-day permit.
Racers may use the Kongsberger club cabin and waxing shed on race days.
Please consider car-pooling.
Kongsberger race course is on the Cabin Creek trail system (trail map) on US Forest Service land, north side of I-90.
50k race is five laps.
Course follows the Road & Berg-Viking-Boundary loop trails.
Check race course map in cabin on race day.
Feed Stations & Post-Race Food
Food for racers provided at start/lap/finish area.
Feed and water station on course is stocked with water, Nuun (electrolytes but no calories), and Clif Shots.
50k is a grueling race - racers should carry any drinks or food needed during the race.
Post-race hot food and beverages in cabin.
Awards, Medals & Prizes
Top 3 overall awards for each race given at post-race ceremony.
Age group winners announced.
Draw prizes at ceremony, must be present to win.
Results available in the cabin after race or check for Race Results here.
Closest accomodations are in Cle Elum (20 miles east), and at Snoqualmie Pass summit (11 miles west).
Non-Racing Skiers & Spectators
All ski trails are still open to non-racing skiers.
Non-racing skiers are invited to watch races at the start/lap/finish area or along the trails.
However, they should consider skiing at another location on race mornings (eg Hyak, Crystal Springs or Lake Easton)
as Cabin Creek parking and trail use will be intensive from 8:00 to 12:00 noon.
As always, dogs are not permitted on groomed trails at Cabin Creek.
Thank you to all our Sponsors!,
and all our volunteers who help put on this race!
Contact - email race director, Tim Melbourne
Last updated 02.08.2020